Our Early Learning Centre (ELC)
Our Early Learning Centre operates at Star of the Sea Catholic Primary School Monday to Friday from 6am – 6pm.
The ELC runs two programs. The first program is a three year old program which is run by a qualified early childhood teacher with assistance with early childhood trained professionals. To be eligible for the three year old program, your child MUST have turned three years old. The second program is a four year old program which is available to our enrolled kindergarten children and operates Thursday and Friday 6am – 6pm. This program is an extension to our school kindergarten program which runs Monday to Wednesday.
The aims of our Early Learning Centre Program are to:
- Involve children in a fun play based programme to promote learning that is designed to be an extension of the home environment.
- The Centre provide a happy, stimulating and supportive environment assisting children to develop a positive self-image and self-efficacy.
- Encourage self-help and independence in young children.
- Develop literacy through stories and rhymes, letters and sounds through play and as an introduction to a synthetic multi-sensory phonics program.
- Develop numeracy through measurement, shape and spatial awareness.
- Develop the child’s ability to communicate, both verbally and non-verbally, their thoughts, ideas and feelings.
- Encourage parent participation in the school environment through multiple special events such as Mothers’ Day and Fathers’ Day celebrations.
- Parents will also be invited to learn about reading, child development, play and school routines. They are also encouraged to be a part of the school community and are able access the Parent Information evenings held throughout the year which are run by the P&F.
Please note The Early Learning Centre is a "Nut Free" environment which also adheres to a Healthy Eating Policy.
We actively encourage parents and students to be part of the sustainability program at school by sending lunch and recess in recyclable or reusable containers.
For assistance with translation, please see the below link.
To enrol your child in ELC, please complete the enrolment form with link below.
For more information, please check the following documents.
For families currently attending the 3YO ELC, please see the below document.
If you would like more information about ELC, please contact the Nominated Supervisor on (08) 9553 9519 or email us at email@example.com