Vision Statement &
We at Star of the Sea Catholic Primary School, value:
- The teachings of Jesus.
- The richness and promise of each person.
- Learning as a life-long process, wholly dependent on a partnership between parents, teachers, students and the wider community.
- In the teachings of Jesus and the doctrine of the Catholic church.
- That a safe environment promotes learning.
- That we should respect and value the differences of all.
- The practice of students taking responsibility for their own actions.
- The achievements and successes of all our students.
- Gifts of the students and teachers.
- Our relationship with God through the gift of prayer, sacraments and attendance at Mass.
At Star of the Sea Catholic Primary School, students and staff work together to develop:
- Our Catholic tradition where Christ is the centre of school life.
- A caring place where learning is a joy and individual needs and abilities are catered for.
- Self esteem, discipline, initiative and respect.
- A comprehensive program of work ministering to the ‘whole person’.
- A sense of belonging within a Christian community and the wider community.
- An understanding and concern for the wider community.
- Compassion for those in need and a sense of social justice and morality.
- An understanding and appreciation of Indigenous culture and its special place within the history of Australia.
- An understanding and appreciation of cultures other than one’s own.